Our cookery sessions start at 10am with shopping for our lunch goodies. On fish day we head to Barbate Fish Market to select the very best for our lunch. Following our first reviving Manzanilla around 1pm, we move smoothly into lunch consisting of the culinary miracles we’ve conjured up. Lunch is usually served round the pool. Lunch will always start with Sherry and wine will be served. Guests are free to leave after lunch (Spanish style, around 4.30pm), to have a Siesta on the beach!
The Freshest Fish & Seafood
- Cooking holidays in Spain mostly revolve around fish – the perfect match for the local wine, Sherry.
- Atun de Almadraba – carpaccio is our favourite
- Chocos – the world famous cuttlefish in paellas, arroz negro and with almonds
- Boquerones – pickled and salted – you will prepare them from scratch. Normally served with the first Manzanilla of the day
- Pescado a la Sal – a famous dish of the area. Whole plump seabass and bream, encased in salt from Cádiz and immediately baked. This wil be the most tender fish you will ever have eaten
- Gambas de Sanlucar – the sweetest pink prawns with a flavour of Manzanilla! That’s what the say locally but a warm sweet prawn in one hand and a glass of Manzanilla in the other – heaven!
The Very Best Spanish Ingredients (To name but a few)
- Luscious Jamón, divine crunchy green olives, tangy local cheeses
- Iberian pork, marbled with the fat of its acorn diet
- Smoked Paprika and the best of Olive Oils made in Andalucía
- Sherry Vinegar – with just about everything. A natural flavour enhancer like no other
- PX and Chocolate Cake, served with PX Sherry soaked Raisins
- Orange and Almond Cake
- Oasis Tart made with PX Sherry Soaked dried Figs, Dates & Raisins
- Gazpachos – red (tomato), white(almond) and green (melon)
- Gambas Ajillo – juicy pink prawns sizzling in spicy garlic
- Salad of Tuna, Roasted Red Pepper, Egg, Onion, Capers & Parsley
- Pollo en Romero – yummy local chicken laced with Rosemary, Sherry & Oregano
- Albondigas de Cerdo y Chorizo with Sherried Tomato Sauce
- Tortilla de Patatas
- Braised Artichokes & Jamon
- Tostas con Chocolate, Olive Oil & Salt