While tuna dominates my fishy world in April and May, there’s one tiny fish which has my heart all year round – the humble anchovy. These are enjoyed in my kitchen in a number of different, equally delicious, ways: fresh, pickled in oil or vinegar (as in the pic above), fried (boquerones fritos) or preserved in oil (anchoas).
The lovely people at Brindisa (Brindisa.com) have very kindly donated a prize of an incredible hamper worth over £80 and packed with all manner of fishy treats from boquerones to pulpo, with a bottle of vermut to wash it all down.
The very lucky winner will receive the following:
- Ortiz bonito tuna fillets in olive oil, 112g
- Ortiz anchovy fillets in oil, jar 95g
- Smoked anchovy fillets, 100g (keep refrigerated)
- Smoked mackerel fillets, 100g (keep refrigerated)
- Herpac boquerones in vinegar and sunflower oil 150g
- La Brujula sardines, 16-20s
- La Brujula cockles in light brine, 115g
- La Brujula marinated mussels, 115g
- Brindisa saffron mayonnaise, 250g
- Savoury ship’s biscuits, made with EVOO, 200g
- Vermut Roberto Amillo, 75cl
- Octopus tentacles (x4) steamed, 450g
The prize draw is open to all* subscribers to my newsletter – anyone who’s subscribed will automatically be entered. If you haven’t subscribed yet, just sign up using the form to the bottom right of this page.
The closing date is 11.59pm GMT on 30th June 2017 and you must be over 18 and live in the UK to enter. For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms & conditions:
1. This prize draw is open to all UK residents of *18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by Annie B’s Spanish Kitchen and employees of Brindisa, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary. You simply need to have subscribed to the mailing list (signup form to be found at the bottom right of every page of my website).
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. You may only enter once.
4. The prize consists of the Brindisa items mentioned above, with substitutions made should any items be unavailable.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on 30th June 2017. The winner will be drawn at random from the subscriber entries by 30th June 2017 and will be notified by email.
6. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.