(Photograph by Graham Templeton)
Delicious, indulgent and it even freezes like a dream – I’ve been making this chocolate and almond cake recipe to rave reviews for years now…
You will need:
- 50g dark cocoa powder
- 100g dark chocolate (70% preferably)
- 120g peeled almonds
- 100g butter
- 100g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Icing sugar
How to make the dish:
- Warm oven to 170c.
- In food processor, blend the chocolate and cocoa with the almonds into a grainy mixture. Pour into a bowl.
- In the same blender, cream the butter and the sugar for a few mins until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time and mix in the chocolate almond mixture until well combined.
- Coat a 20-22cms spring tin with Bakewell paper. Fill with the chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Turn onto a serving dish, cool and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
- Serve with creme fraiche and PX soaked raisins.
Other nice to knows…
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Calories: 390 per helping
Like the sound of this chocolate and almond cake recipe? Check out my orange and lemon drizzle cake recipe.
Or if you want to learn the art of cake-making first-hand, sign up to one of my classes.